Internet and exporting
Marketing > The Internet and exporting
The Internet is a powerful tool for the exporter to use.
Indeed, we are adamant that no exporter should be without
an Internet connection. The exporter would use this connection
- Communicate with other businesses using e-mail
- Market your goods international through your website,
e-mail and other online channels
- Search for marketing information to help you with
your export planning
- Maybe even transact sales online, selling direct to
the foreign customer
We at ExportHelp plan to help you use the Internet more
successful by providing you with tips and guidelines on
how best to market yourself online. This topic is likely
to grow into a big section on its own right and so we
will start off slowly.
To begin with, if you know very little about the Internet,
we suggest that you visit Learnthenet – one of our
sister sites, which will provide you with a solid introduction
to various aspects of the Internet.
We will focus our assistance in four main areas:
- Creating a suitable website for yourself
- Online communication
- Marketing yourself online (including e-mail marketing)
- Making use of electronic marketplaces, trading hubs,
bulletin boards and portals
- Doing marketing research online
- Transacting sales online
We will create articles on each of
these topics from time to time – keep an eye
on this section. In the meantime, to whet your appetite,
you may want to read the following articles:
If you already have a website, then you may want to read
up on internationalising your website.
E-marketplaces are wonderful tools for the aspirant exporter
to use to find potential trading partners abroad. An increasing
amount of global business is being conducted through these
e-marketplaces. We strongly recommend that you begin exploring
this marketing channel.
Click here to access our list of global